July 1st will herald the Independence Day weekend with the jazzy return of John Bruschini and Dale Kleps as the “Downtown Earth Duo;” this time playing electric guitar and tenor saxophone, respectively. This concert will take place at Renaissance Plaza, in the courtyard on Audrey Avenue behind Chrison & Bellina at 24 Audrey Avenue. In case of rain, the music will set up at Atelier/Fine Arts, 9 East Main Street. Bring along a chair and supper if desired.
RSVP on Facebook!
Also enjoy these other events taking place downtown including...
ART WALK / "FIRST THURSDAYS NIGHT ON THE TOWN"- art, food, wine, and music. The walk features an international spectrum of contemporary artists. Other businesses and sites in town will be displaying artwork. Local restaurants will be exhibiting art and are offering a percentage off on meals, wine tastings, and more. Live music entertainment is scheduled. Cafes and restaurants will remain open late for dessert and coffee.
- Chase Edwards Gallery (15 East Main Street), Atelier Studio / Fine Arts (9 East Main Street), and Art That Matters (55 West Main Street) having exhibitions featuring contemporary art from around the world, 7 P.M. to 9 P.M.
- ART(that matters) exhibition opening for "TIME"- an anniversary show curated by Nada Marjanovich, editor and publisher of Long Island Pulse magazine. Refreshments served (courtesy of Canterbury Ales and Syosset Beverage). ART(that matters), 55 West Main Street (just up from Verelli's Market), 7 P.M. to 9 P.M.
- The Teaching Studios of Art, an art school based in downtown Oyster Bay, will be open with an evening workshop and a tour of their school at 115 Audrey Avenue.
- The TRA Gallery (20 Audrey Ave) will be holding a special silent auction of select artwork from its current exhibition TR and the Trail, now on view at the gallery on 20 Audrey Avenue, Oyster Bay. The auction will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. as part of July’s First Thursday ArtWalk. All proceeds from the sale of art will benefit the Theodore Roosevelt Association and its many charitable enterprises.
- Jack Halyards American Bar & Grill (formerly Fiddleheads) will hold a restaurant grand opening party. Live music by The Blaggards. 62 South Street (formerly Fiddleheads), beginning 5 P.M.
- Art will be also available for viewing at various downtown merchants, including The Baykery Cafe (124 South St), Canterbury Ales (46 Audrey Ave) with works on display rom the Oyster Bay Railroad Museum, and Wild Honey (1 East Main St).